
I looked like a mushroom for a year straight. When something like that happens, you have to disconnect your happiness from the state of your hair. And ever since then, if I have a bad hair day, I can just say to myself, "Well, at least I'm not a mushroom head," and somehow that makes it okay to let my highlights grow out and to let eight months pass before getting my hair cut. But anyway, my hair traumas are really not the point of this post. The point of this post is is Colton's hair trauma--the trauma caused by us giving him his first haircut. His hair was starting to get very long in front. Case in point:
And then he got angry. I thought food would probably be the best distraction, so I was feeding him yogurt. Note to self: yogurt = sticky. The poor kid was screaming, and trying to eat yogurt, and getting all sorts of little hairs stuck to his face.
But he survived, and as his reward he got to chew on a hammer...which he appeared to accept as due recompense for the previous hair torture.
6 comments:
Mmm, there's nothing more comforting that chewing your favorite hammer. Haha. I am no stranger to hair trauma myself, (also thanks to the mission, but I've had plenty of experience pre & post mission, as well), but I'm happy to see that Colton survived his! And his haircut is adorable! Great job!
Hahaha, I was totally thinking of my own mushroom haircut AND Christina's as well when I saw that picture. Good thing we've come so far :) He does look adorable. Can't wait to see him this weekend.
Yeah my mission hair was really bad too. I kept it really short the whole time and it wasn't until I got home and looked back at my pictures that I realized I don't look good with short hair.
Colton is such a cutie :) He's getting so big!
His haircut looks great! I wish I could cut Liam's hair that well! Adam has banned me from doing any sort of cutting on Liam's hair and he won't do it, but Liam really needs a cut. Looks like he will be going to a barber from now on.
oh so handsome!
Bethany he is seriously adorable!!! Those crying/haircut pictures are PRICELESS!!! By the way, your photography skills are amazing! I've recently been thinking I need to improve and get a better camera too. Do you have any tips?
Love, Pistol
Post a Comment