November 09, 2011

Blue Num Num

I had this brilliant plan to be a basketball for Halloween (assuming that I was still pregnant), and I would make Justin and Colton matching basket ball jerseys.  It was going to be awesome.  But then I became convinced that I probably wouldn't make it to Halloween...so I didn't make the costumes.  And then it became apparent that I probably would make it to Halloween, but I really wasn't in the mood to make costumes, so then I had to improvise.  And by improvise, I mean go to the party store and find a costume for Colton.

So what did I come up with?  Well, I found a sweet blue M&M costume on sale for $9 bucks.  We had a winner!  It also seems appropriate because Colton and Justin actually have a little game that they play where Colton says that he's a blue M&M (pronounced "num num"), and Justin pretends like he's going to try to eat him--so Colton runs away.

The best part--by far--of Colton's costume is his cute little skinny legs sticking out the bottom.  I know he's going to hate me  someday for dressing him like this, but it was just too darn cute to pass up.  (And we did put a covering on his legs before sending him out in the cold...)  Ironically, when Halloween actually came, I thought I was in labor, so he actually went trick-or-treating with Michael and Julie.  Good thing I didn't make the basketball outfits!

1 comment:

Cat M Johnson said...

this is awesome. also, i hope you're fabulous.