Justin ran his first marathon six years ago--and missed qualifying for Boston by a mere 46 seconds. So every few years, he decides to ramp up from nothing and try it again. This year we arranged our annual visit to Utah with his third and most recent marathon attempt. And I must say that he did amazingly well, finishing in 3 hours 21 minutes. He was a little disappointed that he missed his goal again, but this time he's not going to wait three years before he tries again... Here's his strong finish:
Colton was yelling "Go Daddy Go!" We worked on it all morning.
A few yards from the finish...
He said he was about to pass out, so I offered him some chocolate milk.
Colton was enjoying the chocolate Creamy that was provided for the runners. Thanks for sharing, Dad.
On the way back to the car, Justin stopped to stretch his calves. Colton couldn't figure out why Dad was trying to push the tree, but he decided to help.
Really, Dad. Why are we pushing this tree?
4 comments:
Way to continue to impress, Justin! And I'm nuts about pushing the tree.
I love it all. I remember Justin running against the wind here in Hawaii before Hanuama Bay, he has been training- even on vacation!
Totally impressed with his will power - way to go!! You look so cute Bethany, hope you're feeling well. Are you still in town??!
CONGRATULATIONS, JUSTIN! That is AWESOME!
Post a Comment