May 15, 2011

One is never enough...for reals

Funny how you can innocently write a title to a post about your kid having three binkies in his mouth and have it be completely misinterpreted by multiple people as a new baby announcement.  Funnier still when you find out the next day that you are actually expecting another baby.  It's official.  Colton will have to begin sharing the spotlight starting around November 2 (although I like to just round down to Halloween as a much better due date).

We've been trying to help Colton understand that there's a baby in Mommy's tummy (partially to prepare him for the change, and partially to try to convince him to stop jumping on me), but apparently all we've accomplished is making him think that the sign for baby is to pat your tummy.  Oh well.  I think he'll get it eventually...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm excited to see Colton as a big brother :)

Kat said...

Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congrats! That's fabulous news.

Shannon said...

Congratulations, Bethany!!! That's very exciting news.

Wendi said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!!

Shannon said...

Hooray Bethany! I was one of those who thought the other blog post was an announcement! Glad this one really is! Congratulations!

Kristi said...

That is super funny and definitely ironic. You called it. :o) So when you were fighting off the inquiries to the title of your post the next day, you were LYING! :o) Congrats! Hope to see you in June!!!

Bethany said...

There was no lying. When I posted that I had no announcements, I honestly didn't know, but I found out right after that. Too funny.

jocie said...

hooray!

Laura Bernard said...

Awesome for you guys! Having two is even more fun than one. The sheer chaos doesn't start til five or so . . .

Congrats!

megan&steve said...

Oh yes -another baby on the way!!!

Heather and Dave said...

WOOHOOO! Congrats! You've been so sneaky to keep it a secret for so long. Hope you've been feeling ok, besides the fact that Colton likes to jump on you. Thats never fun. Dave got me an ipad for mothers day and I haven't really gotten to use it much, since Molly has decided its totally hers. It isn't a bad babysitter though ;) You should consider getting one (or inheriting your dads old one when the next version comes out) and downloading all the fun, kids' apps. Its really nice to shower and exercise while having the toddler entertained :)

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!! I had heard this news through the grapevine but I'm sure I my well-wishes never made it to you. I wish we could have seen you guys when we were back in VA for a few days for Josh's homecoming. OUr paths will eventually cross again but until then we have our blogs...

Erika said...

Wow! Congratulations! We are so happy for you, can't wait to hear what you are having :) p.s. I loved your pictures from Hawaii!