May 03, 2011

Runamuck

Okay, I know I promised posts about Hawaii...and they are coming...lots of them.  But today's post is about Runamuck.  What is that?  Well, it is a 5K race that includes several mud pits and obstacles throughout the course.  Basically, it's an excuse to get really dirty.  Here's proof:


Before


After

As you can tell, we are all covered in mud.  How is it possible to get so dirty during a race?  Well, besides stepping into a mud pit and sinking down to your knees, the final 50 yards of the race looked like this:


And isn't it impressive that Justin was able to film this considering he was running too?  Well, he came in quite a bit before I did...or anyone else for that matter.  That's right!  My all-talented husband got first place!  In Margaret's words, "Who would have guessed that you'd marry an elite athlete?"  Answer: Nobody.  But isn't great that I did?

Oh, and special thanks goes out to Krysta for very graciously slowing her pace so that I could keep up.  Next time I think I'll do some training before I tackle another running event.

And just for kicks, here's our big finish:

3 comments:

Asian Keng said...

of course Justin won. I'm sure his 'marathon training' all this time was just secret preparation for coming in first in the 5K runamuck. I actually wanted to do one last summer but I wimped out cause I haven't run in ages. My biggest question: how on earth do you get in the car and go home? Do you just line your seats with plastic bags?

Bethany said...

They have "showers" (which unfortunately had no water pressure), and we brought clothes to change into.

Wendi said...

Love, love, love this. I need to see what Montana has to offer in this down and dirty sport. CONGRATULATIONS JUSTIN!