November 01, 2010

Live long and prosper


Since Colton didn't seem to have much input on what he wanted to be for Halloween, I took it upon myself to choose his costume.  I looked through dozens of cute little animal outfits, but nothing really jumped out at me...until I saw the mini Spock outfit.  I had to have it.  I mean, Colton had to have it.  And if Colton was going to be Spock, it only made sense for Justin to be Captain Kirk.  When young children (who are apparently not aware of the existence of Star Trek) asked me what we were supposed to be, I simply answered: "We are voyagers on the Starship Enterprise..."  Good times.

When I told Justin we were going to dress like star trek, he insinuated that I had made a very nerdy decision.  Well, if that is the case, I think nerdy is the new cool.

6 comments:

jocie said...

Love it.

Rozlynn's Homemade Goodness said...

Love the costumes and love halloween.

KiM said...

Your costumes are awesome! I think you should definitely send this picture to Randy (cuz it's just a guess but I don't think he actually reads your blog or anyone's blog...). Anyway, like myself, he will think it's awesome!We can all be nerds together.

Allie said...

So awesome! I'm sad we missed you at the funeral. We need to get together for real and soon!

Christina said...

Nerds are the new black, Beth. I absolutely love it! Also, the family that nerds together, sticks together. True story.

Emily said...

Wow. You look so cute, Beth! AndJustin was born to wear a v-neck.