August 24, 2010

The never-ending story


Didn't I just fold the laundry?  I swear two days ago I washed every textile in our house.  And yet here it is (what seems like) a few short days later and once again the laundry must be done or there will be no clean underwear tomorrow.  Hollywood made the never-ending story seem like an exciting adventure with a flying pink dog.  What a rude awakening to discover that the true never-ending story is downstairs in my basement waiting to be folded...

5 comments:

Rozlynn's Homemade Goodness said...

Beth I love the way you are so frank. That is the honest Beth I know and love....I think that is why you are my BFF, you say it the way it is. I don't even have children yet and I feel the same way about laundry, unloading the dishwasher and cleaning the bathrooms. I hear ya girl. It is all propaganda. :)

Asian Keng said...

It's a lot less painful when you don't actually fold your laundry. :P Ours usually ends up piled in our laundry baskets and we pull them out day by day and when we finally get around to actually folding it there's only a few days' left of clothes left. Yeah we're ghetto.

Ali said...

I would post a comment, but I must go fold my own . . .

Allie said...

Amen! The worst is when I forget to change the load or turn on the dryer and slow my whole process down. Zack just barely came up to tell me he is out of underwear. Why don't my kids tell me when they take the last pair out of their drawer, instead of when it is already too late?

Kristi said...

Ha ha. I hear you! At least you have a basement to hide it in. My baskets sit in my room for days...