July 20, 2009

It's a (wicked awesome) Boy!

We are so excited to announce the birth of our son, Colton Randle Scott. We were somewhat surprised at his early arrival (10 days) because he was certainly making no signs of wanting to come out, but thanks to a sudden spike in my blood pressure, the doctors decided to induce me while Colton and I were both still healthy (they were worried that I'd develop pre-eclampsia). They started pitocin at 1:30 on Thursday afternoon, and after a long slow night, Colton was born at 7:25 the next morning (July 17). He is 19 inches long and a bulky 5 lbs 10 ounces. Here are some pictures from the hospital:

Under the warmer. He has big hands compared to his skinny body!

I don't know about that Daddy person. I better keep my eye on him...


I'm sleepy...

But before I nap, I must finish my plans for taking over the universe.

Oh well, that can wait. Nap first...

A little too small for his car seat. Good thing we got that larger model.

27 comments:

Unknown said...

He's such a doll! I love the pics :D Can't wait to meet him. Let me know how you're doing and if you need anything!

MariLouise said...

Isn't it fun to impute adult thoughts and motives to a newborn? And you're already such an expert at it!

Good job, guys! He's darling!

Ali said...

I'm so glad you used 'wicked awesome' to describe your baby. Now he really must visit Boston - he'd fit right in!

He is darling - we can't wait to meet him. Congratulations!

megan&steve said...

Yay, Colton is a cutie! i heard that mom & baby were doing fine, but not so sure about Justin. HAh, your mom is funny.
What a great surprise to deliver early & such a tiny little man. Thanks for the pictures!

JWolfgramm said...

what a cutie!! He looks tiny in his carseat. That is adorable!! Congratulations you guys!!!

Laura Bernard said...

Oh, Congratulations! What exciting news! Even more fun is that I got to hear the news from Emily! I imagine you heard about our W24 reunion at the Cronins. You were very missed! Enjoy that little doll and get some sleep!

Allie said...

He is so cute! Early is the way to go, as long as it is a healthy early. I can't wait to meet him in person and drop off the baby gift that I have for him. I was so sad to miss your baby shower, but of course that would be the day that we would have car trouble. I hope Colton let's you get some rest!

Britt said...

Congrats to both of you! I'm so happy that everything went well. And he is adorable!!! I am sad that I won't get to see him in church, so make sure to post pictures.

Britt

Kristie said...

We love him!! He's gorgeous and we're so happy for you. I have your address from June-- is it still the same? We're oh so happy for you.

Jon & Kristie

Lindsay said...

Congrats! He is so cute and little and scheming. I'm glad everything went well.

KiM said...

Congrats! He is so cute. I bet Justin can't wait to get Jim climbing! He'll be a good climber with those long fingers!

Jane Durham said...

Congratulations!

brook said...

congrats!!!

Asian Keng said...

Hurray! I am bummed I can't come over tonight but I'm going to postulate I will get to see bunches of the Scott-ling in the near future. Congrats and I'm glad all three are doing well!

Krystal said...

Ah he's so tiny! Congratulations!!!

Wendi said...

Congrats!!!! He's gorgeous lil' fellow (in a totally masculine way). He already has the mischievous ways I thought a Scott-ling would have. I am happy you two are happy and in good health!

Sue Rasmussen said...

ahhhh! He's beautiful and handsome and charming and ... and.... and...
congrats and love - Sue Rasmussen

JJ said...

Congrats! So exciting!

Heather and Dave said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and SOOO teeny tiny! Enjoy the time with him and while he sleeps so much :) Hopefully we get to meet the little guy soon. You and Justin are going to be the most fun parents!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Hooray! He is so beautiful! Congratulations!

jocie said...

colton is beautiful! we can't wait to meet him in person soon. congrats!

Ani B said...

Love the photos and captions! Congratulations you two...that's awesome! Enjoy.

Shannon said...

Yay! Congratulations! He is so cute! I can't believe he is so small! Can I have your address? I sent you a Christmas card and it came back to me, so I know I have the wrong one! Yippee for such a cute baby!

Christina said...

What a little heart-breaker! Honestly. I was swooning at the first picture! :) I'm so happy for you guys! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Susie said...

Congrats! Hope the whole family are doing well!

S.A.S. said...

How exciting Bethany! He looks perfect. I want gory details on the birth when you're up for it (I mean, a girl's got to prepare herself). But in the meantime, rest up (ha, when you can), and enjoy your precious son. Congrats to you and Justin!

Kristi said...

Hi. I just reentered the world from a long (wicked awesome) vacation and found you had given birth while I was away. Weird how the world keeps moving while I am away. :o) CONGRATULATIONS! He is adorable! I bet you are the cutest mommy ever. Good work!