October 29, 2011

Nesting

Justin calls it nesting.  I call it wanting to have somewhere to sit in the basement.  Either way, about a month and a half ago, I decided it was time for us make our downstairs the main family room.  There were several cascading effects of this decision: We would need a new couch to put upstairs so that we can move the comfy, red, movie-watching couch downstairs, and we would need to paint the basement--including the ceiling.  It turns out that painting the ceiling is a very un-gratifying task.  I know because I did it entirely by myself.  (I should point out that while I was painting the ceiling--and the rest of the basement--Justin was stuck behind the furnace in the laundry room installing a new outlet so we can mount the TV to the wall downstairs--yet another of those cascading effects.  Anyway, I realized very quickly that safety goggles and some type of covering for my hair would be essential.  When Colton saw how cool I looked, he wanted to get in on the action as well.  


Yes, I was painting at 7.5 months pregnant.


Colton really liked working with the roller.  (Sorry, I guess I should have rotated the picture before uploading it...) 


Nothing like painting with a two-year-old.  It was serious mother-son bonding. (And someday I'll get around to rotating this picture.)

At some point in the future, I will post pictures of the finished product.  Right now we're still waiting for the new couch to arrive.  They gave us a 4-12 week window.  So it should arrive sometime between now and Christmas...

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm obsessed with this post.

Laura Bernard said...

Still no baby, huh? Those false contractions really play mental games with you. Hang in there! Thanks again for meeting up with us. We had such a fun evening. Justin is great and Colton is a doll! Keep us posted on #2! Best of luck!