July 15, 2011

Fun in the heartland...

This year for the Fourth of July, we headed West to America's heartland to celebrate our nation with real Americans...most particularly Justin's parents.  Here's what we did:

We saw a lot of fireworks--which were kind of loud and scary...


...but totally awesome and worth clapping for--when they ended.  (There are seriously a lot of fireworks in Nebraska.  You have to see it to believe it!)


Justin pulled out his artistic side once again and created another license plate map of the U.S. for his mom.


Voila!  It looks pretty awesome!


We walked with the gorillas.  



And discovered that the Durham family is deeply involved in the Omaha zoo.


We had lots of fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa!



We posed with several animal sculptures.


And I showed off my 5 month baby bump. 

It was lots of fun.   And now every time Colton sees and airplane, he points to it and says, "Go."  When I ask him where we should go, he makes his signs for Grandma and Grandpa.  I think he misses them a lot...

No comments: