December 11, 2009

Nothing says holiday like Frog's Sugar Cookies



Sometimes you just really need a sugar cookie. When that happens, I always turn to my Aunt Frog's recipe. (You'll have to talk to my mom if you want to know why her sister was referred to as "Frog".) The cookies are soft and delicious similar to these ones, and really not all that hard to make. Here's the recipe:

Sift together (if you do that sort of thing. I always just dump stuff in sans sifting):

3 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
In a separate bowl mix together:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg (unbeaten)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream

Slowly stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Role them out on a floured surface (about 1/4 inch thick). Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 F 7-9 minutes (until the bottom just starts looking golden). Makes about 24-30 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutters.



Frost with your favorite icing. As for me, I dump in random amounts of butter, powder sugar, vanilla and milk until it looks and tastes how I want it to. This time I added LOTS of green food coloring to make the really bold Christmas trees. And it turns out that sprinkles are a better way to go than frosting tips for the inexperienced cookie maker (such as myself). Yummy! I would seriously recommend you make these this holiday season.


4 comments:

Kristi said...

yummy. and cute. i am a sugar cookie L.O.V.E.R. :o)

JJ said...

Yep! That certainly was a yummy cookie!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

oh they look so delish!
thanks for the recipe!

Allie said...

We made these during our snowed in Saturday and my kids LOVED them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!